We understand that there are times in life when you need a helping hand. Many people are doing very well in some parts of their life, while struggling in others. Now might be the time when you need someone to come alongside and encourage you from the Bible.
We see people with various troubles, but the most common are those struggling in their marriage, parents needing help with their children, those dealing with sexual sin, and those struggling with their emotions (e.g. depression or anger.) In all cases, we use the Bible, God’s Sufficient Word, to answer the problems of life.
There is Hope!
REAL PROBLEMS REQUIRE REAL SOLUTIONS
We believe that God has given us all we need in order to know Him and to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. All of our difficulties may not disappear. However, when a person willingly submits to God’s instructions and clings to His promises, there is hope and help. There are answers for dealing with whatever you might be facing. In fact, many of our counselees see significant progress within a few months
First Baptist Church provides the facilities and the counselors’ services free of charge. Donations are accepted.
What can you expect from First Baptist’s Counseling Ministry?
- Privacy. Everything will be held in strict confidence except where, in the counselor’s judgment, there is a biblical requirement to involve others (e.g. criminal activity.)
- Care. Our staff will care for you and treat you with respect.
- Encouragement toward Christ-likeness. Our staff will encourage you in your successes and exhort you to think and behave in a way that pleases Jesus Christ.
What does First Baptist’s Counseling Ministry expect from you?
- Be honest. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to help you if you are not honest with us.
- Do weekly homework assignments that will encourage lasting change.
- Give us a little time. Habits are not developed overnight, and new habits will take time to develop. In most cases, we ask individuals to commit to regular counseling appointments for a period of 3 to 4 months.
Come Visit Us!